Info for Families
We know that the choice you made in coming here is a precious one and we want to make sure that you have a full understanding of the school’s expectations. In order for students to learn and grow, it is essential that we all play a role. Williamsburg Collegiate students, parents, teachers, and administration all have responsibilities to promote student learning and growth. The Family Accountability Contract outlines what students, teachers, families, and the Principal must do to ensure student success. This contract describes important responsibilities and school expectations that families must understand and accept once they have made the choice to apply to and enroll at our school.
See our 2014-2015 Student Handbook
- I will ensure that my child comes to school every day on time to begin school at 7:45 AM.
- I understand that if my child is absent more than 10 days of the school year, he or she will be in jeopardy to repeat his or her current grade.
- I understand that my child is expected to make up all work missed from both excused and unexcused absences.
- I understand that the school day ends at 4:00 PM (or 1:30 PM on Wednesdays), but my child may be required to stay until 5:00 PM (or 2:00 PM on Wednesdays) if he or she has earned double detentions
- I agree to make alternative transportation plans if my child is not dismissed until 5:00 PM (or 2:00 PM on Wednesdays).
- I understand that my child will not be permitted to enter the building before 7:15 AM.
- I agree to check my child’s homework daily to ensure that it is complete.
- I understand that my child will be required to participate as required in Homework Detention if he or she does not complete assigned homework or completes homework that does not meet classroom standards.
Code of Conduct
- I agree to promote and support the rules of behavior as outlined in the Student and Family Handbook, and accept responsibility as a partner in my child’s learning.
- I understand that my child will be required to serve a silent Detention during his or her lunch period if he or she commits a detention-level infraction.
- I understand that it is my child’s responsibility to notify me if he or she earns a Detention.
- I understand that my child may be suspended if he or she misses or refuses to serve a Detention.
- I understand that while my child is in school, he/she is not permitted to use, or carry with him/her, cell phones, iPods, music players, video game players, or other electronic devices. My child will have the opportunity to drop off electronic devices in the morning before school starts and pick them up again at the end of the day.
- I understand that the school will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items, including electronic devices.
- I understand that my child needs to pass all 5 core academic classes in order to be promoted to the next grade.
- I understand that my child will be automatically retained if he or she fails 1 or more core academic classes.
- I understand that my child will be that if my student misses more than 10 days of school, he or she will be in jeopardy of retention.
- I will ensure that my child attends Saturday School if required by the school, if he or she is in danger of failing the state exam in Math or English Language Arts, if he or she is failing one or more classes as of the first progress report, or if he or she is failing one or more classes for the year on any subsequent progress report or report card.
Student Dress Policy
- I will ensure that my child comes to school in the school uniform purchased through the school via Lands’ End, according to the guidelines listed in the Student and Family Handbook.
- I understand that if my child comes to school out of uniform, he or she may not be permitted to attend class, may need to wait for the appropriate dress to be brought in from home, and/or may receive school consequences for needing to borrow school uniform items.
- I agree to support my child’s academic work by communicating regularly with my child’s teachers and advisor, by scheduling appointments to talk with them as needed, and by attending all Family-Teacher Conferences. I agree to pick up my child’s report card at the Family-Teacher Conferences.
- I agree not to send soda, candy or gum to school with my child since students are not allowed to have these at school.
- I agree to respond to phone calls from any school staff member promptly.
- I agree to bring up any concerns or issues with the school in a timely, solutions-oriented way.
NCLB Parent Right to Know
As a Title I school under the No Child Left Behind Act, Williamsburg Collegiate is required to share information on the qualifications of your child’s teacher. This Parent Right to Know information can be found here.